SLJ – Sea anemone Step it up.

Hi today I did the step it up task for Sea anemone. For this task you had to watch some videos and read some  articles  about sea anemone. Then you could choose to do a poster  digital or draw it. I chose to do it by hand. then when you were done you had to add 3 facts about anemone. Here is my poster:

if you cant read the facts here they are :

1. The anemone stings its prey with its tentacles.

2.There are 1,000 different types of anemone in the world.

3.The anemone doesn’t have a back bone so it can catch its prey easier.

My favorite thing to do in this task was to draw and colour in the sea anemone.

Have you seen a sea anemone before ? If so where did you see it ? I have not seen one of these yet.

One thought on “SLJ – Sea anemone Step it up.

1. Kia ora Emilie,

What is a sea anemone? You have done this awesome blog post about sea anemone but you haven’t explained what they are. It could be a simple explanation like ‘Sea anemone are found in the ocean. They are related to corals and jellyfish.’ Then you could have added the fun facts.

I do like your beautiful picture. How did you draw it? What did you use? I like the colours you used and how you added human characteristics to your sea anemone. It makes your sea anemone look very cute and friendly.

You mentioned sea anemone doesn’t have a backbone so it can catch its prey easier. What is its prey. What does sea anemone eat?

You should look at Lucas’s blog. He has done a marvellous job on his description and he has even made a cool rock pool. Maybe you could leave him a comment telling him what you learnt from his blog.
    Lucas’s Blog

Anna
    SLJ