SLJ – Cool characters kick start

Hi today I did the Cool characters kick start. You watched a video about nature art and a video about cartoon characters then you put them together. You got a piece of nature and glued it on something and then added arms and stuff to make it look human. Here are mine :

They are little characters from the forest. They are called Lewis and Lucy. They are leaf people. Emilie

One thought on “SLJ – Cool characters kick start

1. Kia ora Emilie,

What cool leaf people. You could make a whole story about leaf people couldn’t you. It would make for a cool book or movie. Where did you get the idea from? You have used leaves for the body. What other things outside could you have used for arms, legs, eyes etc. Maybe bark or little stones for the eyes, twigs for the limbs? How did you glue them? Just with normal glue? Did it stick to the paper?

I noticed you made another Fun Art, kick start activity. Next time just put them both in the same post. It makes it easier for people to see all your beautiful work. I wonder if you are going to try the step it up activity. It looks pretty fun.

You should check out Mark’s blog. He has done a wonderful job using leaves to create his animal. You could leave him a comment telling him what you like about his picture.
    Mark’s Blog

If I was going to make an animal out of nature I would pick something from the beach. Maybe an octopus, seagull or a fish.

Anna
    SLJ